I love to cook. But it can be a real pain in the butt when you’re exhausted at the end of the day. I’ve been addicted to Pinterest for years now, and I have tons of recipes pinned. But I found that I wasn’t ever actually using them. Instead, I was making the same 15-20 things on rotation.
While I was still in graduate school, it was even harder to make real dinners during the week. After graduating, Andy suggested that we re-institute something we had done in the past. Before making the same ole grocery list, let’s peruse my Pinterest boards and pick out some recipes to try.
So, for the past few weeks, we’ve been doing just that. From easy dinners and crock pot recipes (for those not-so-summery and rainy days lately) to side dishes, salads and desserts, we’ve been trying new things 2-3 per week. I thought I’d share some of my favorites with you below, so that you can also me a dinnertime hero. Keep in mind, some of these can be modified for dietary needs!
- Instead of adding mustard to recipe, I just used as a condiment (including ketchup and mayo)
- We didn’t use tomatoes either, but you could easily add your favorite fixins’!
- You can use a George Foreman Grill, but we used our panini press because it’s bigger
- I served this with cheesy hash browns because I didn’t have fries or tater tots
- This was one of the easiest salads I’ve ever thrown together
- Literally just toss everything together
- I made a smaller amount because we had it as a side dish for dinner, no need to make BBQ or Potluck size amounts
- We only use Gluten Free or Veggie Pasta
- Instead of steamed asparagus, we used fresh (better for our bellies)
- We only used already grated parmesean cheese and also threw in a little Feta
- We used EVOO instead of truffle oil
- Instead of cloves of garlic, we used ground garlic & garlic salt
- Goat cheese doesn’t bother our lactose intolerance and is SO yummy
Easy Chicken Enchiladas (shout out to my mom for sending this one along – not on Pinterest)
- Even though it sounds SO good, we skipped the creamy sauce. Colitis and creamy don’t go well together! We substituted it for a canned red enchilada sauce and it was delicious.
- If you skip making the sauce, it’s literally so simple. Stick to the recipe and use the rotisserie chicken! So easy and so good.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest to see more of my recipes and follow along as I continue to cook my way through Pinterest! Please share some of your favorite, easy recipes in the comments!